How To Apply And Get UK Student Visa From Nigeria 2021
Today we will be looking at this topic: How To Apply And Get UK Student Visa From Nigeria 2021. Are you a Nigeria who wish to study in United Kingdom? Do you wish to apply for UK visa from Nigeria? Must of us wants to apply for United kingdom visa as a student from Nigeria but they don’t know how to apply. Some don’t even know the requirements for the application. While some don’t know where to apply. So i think that the main reason of you coming to my blog is to know How To Apply, Where To Apply, Requirements For Applications, Application Fee And other information. Your welcome, i promise you that you wont be disappointed. Am going to give you details and step by step process on how to apply and get uk student visa from Nigeria.
Without being told, for you to be here you must have known that if your planning to study in UK, your required to have a visa in order to stay in the country for an extended period of time. Immigration requirements for UK (and the United Kingdom as a whole) are determined by your nationality and the country(ies) that you have citizenship in.
How To Apply For UK Student Visa From Nigeria
Now let me ask You, Which student Uk Visa are you applying for?. Answer: Tier 4 (General) student visa. This visa is for students coming to the UK for higher education and the applicant must be at least 16 years old.
If you’re a student from Nigeria, you’ll need the Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in United Kingdom. This visa is made specifically for students like you who are ready to begin their study abroad adventure in United Kingdom. Find out the best information about the process of getting the Tier 4 (General) student visa to decide if studying abroad in United Kingdom is right for you. With (Tier 4 General) you are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week and work full-time during vacations or summer holidays.
What you should know about UK student visa application process
Always keep in mind that you won’t be able to start your Tier 4 (General) visa application more than three months before your course start date. When you’ve received an offer from the university you applied to, follow these steps on how to apply for your UK student visa:
- Accept your offer: go ahead and pay any necessary deposits for your course or accommodation to the University. When you’ve paid that, the University will send you a unique Confirmation as Acceptance of Studies (CAS) reference number
- Gather your documents: for the student application you will need proof of being able to support yourself financially whether on your own or through a Guardian support, your CAS details, and where necessary an ATAS certificate.
Related post: Study Nursing In Canada as an international student.
- Complete the online application: during the application you need to book your visa application center appointment for your biometrics to be taken and to show your necessary documentation
- Attend your visa appointment: go submit your supporting documents and get your visa sticker permitting travel into the UK
- Receive your result: usually you will get your visa decision in around three weeks time, but this varies depending on your home country
- Collect your BRP: within ten days of your arrival in the UK you should receive (or go collect) your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) which contains your full visa
UK Student Visa Application Requirements
Your course provider may be willing to help you to apply for a UK student visa once you have been offered a place on a course; ask to find out if this is the case. You can apply for the visa up to three months in advance of the start date of your course. Check the average visa processing times for your country, and be sure to allow plenty of time.
UK student visas are awarded on a points-based system. In order to meet all the UK student visa requirements, you’ll need to provide:
- Details of your passport
- A recent photograph
- An unconditional offer of a place on a course offered by a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor, evidenced by a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ (CAS) form from your course provider (worth 30 points)
- Proof of adequate English language skills, demonstrated by passing one of the secure English language tests (SELT). You will not need to provide this if you’re from an English-speaking country such as the United States or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in an English-speaking country.
- Proof you have financial support throughout your stay in the UK (worth 10 points)
- If you’re a non-EU/EEA/Swiss student studying a sensitive subject, you may also need an ATAS certificate
Proof of financial support can take the form of bank statements or a letter from your financial sponsor, showing you can cover your tuition fees, accommodation and living costs. You must prove that you have £1,015 (~US$1,300) per month for living costs if studying in the UK outside of London, and £1,265 (~US$1,600) a month for living costs if studying in London.
You may also be required to produce documents showing your academic qualifications, and to attend an interview or biometric test, which includes a digital scan of your fingerprints. Depending on your country of origin, you may also be required to have certain medical vaccinations or undertake a tuberculosis test.
If you’re 16 or 17 years old and applying for the Tier 4 (General) student visa, you must have written consent from your parents/guardians that you can live and travel independently.
How to Apply
There are several steps to apply for a visa. UK student visa applications are processed within three weeks of the completed application being lodged.
Step 1 – Check if you qualify
- You must be able to show that you have:
- A confirmed place at the school, university or college where you intend to study. It is called a ‘confirmation of acceptance for studies’ (CAS).
- Enough money (also known as ‘maintenance or funds’) to cover your course fees and living costs in the UK.
Step 2 – Get your documents ready
Step 3 – Apply online
You will need to register and create an account on the official UK Visa website.
When you have completed your online application form, you will need to print and sign your completed form. You must use the online appointment calendar to book an appointment at the visa application center. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number.
Step 4 – Pay your application fee. There are 4 ways to pay your visa application fee.
- Payment at Standard Chartered Bank – You can pay your fee at some branches of the Standard Chartered Bank. The bank will issue a demand draft in favor of the ‘The British High Commission’.
- Demand draft from a nationalized or foreign bank – You can pay your fee by getting a demand draft issued by a nationalized or a foreign bank. Bank charges for this service will vary. The demand draft must be in favor of the ‘The British High Commission’.
- Payment at the visa application center – You can pay the visa application fee at the visa application center when you submit your visa application.
- Pay online – You can pay your visa application fee online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
Step 5 – Visit the visa application center on the appointed date. You must book and attend an appointment at the visa application center to submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.
Where To Apply For UK Student Visa
This particular question is the main question most of you are asking, Where to Apply For Uk Student Visa? Well I will answer it now. You can get Tier 4 (General) student visa Application form online. To fill the form click >> Tier 4 (General) student visa Application form.
UK Student Visa Application Fee
The current fee for the Tier 4 (General) student visa is £348 (~US$440), with an additional £348 fee per person for any dependents. You’ll also need to pay a healthcare surcharge of £150 per year (~US$190) in order to access the National Health Service (NHS) during your stay (this will rise to £300 (~US$380) from late 2018).
The Short Term Study Visa costs £97 (~US$120) for the six month option and £186 (~US$240) for the 11 month visa.
READ: Study Nursing in US as an international student
This Is all we have for this topic: How To Apply And Get UK Student Visa From Nigeria 2021. If you have any question use the comment box our admin will answer you immediately. Thanks
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Please, kindly share this post if you think it can be helpful to another person, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the share buttons, subscribe to our site and get the latest updates directly via your Email!!