In 2001, Local Scholarship Award scheme was ultimately restored to assist brilliant but indigent students. This was to ensure that no Lagos State indigene in any tertiary institution is deprived of the opportunity of attaining his/her educational dream due to non-availability of funds.
The award of Scholarship is basically in two forms. One is awarded on compassionate grounds (that is for primary and secondary school students) while the other one is put in place to encourage brilliant academic performance with minimum CGPA of 3.5 and above or Second Class Upper/ Upper Credit. Subsequent payment of such awards is made on presentation of progress report as evidence that they have moved to the next stage of their programme.
The following rates were fixed as amount payable to each beneficiary, depending on the category of his/her award:-
PRESENT RATES OF LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
||Primary School, Students.
||Secondary School Students
||Poly/Colleges of Education
SCHOOL OF THE BLIND, OSHODI
His Excellency, Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN approved the payment of tuition to Sixty students of the School of the Blind, Oshodi at the rate of N50, 000 per student, annually.
LAGOS STATE COLLEGE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY
The State Government approved payment of tuition fees to Lagos State indigenes in Lagos State College of Health Technology, Harvey Road, Yaba. New students are paid 70,000 and subsequent payment is N30, 000 per session.
SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
The Governor has approved scholarship awards for athletes that won medals for the State during the Last National Sports Festival held in Lagos State. This will be a continuous process.
Similarly, scholarship award is given to the One-Day Governor who is the winner of the Spelling Bee completion
FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP/SPONSORSHIP AWARD
Foreign Scholarship/Sponsorship Award was reintroduced in 2005 due to the growing number of interested applicants who secured admission to study abroad but were having financial constraints. Quite a large number of indigenes and non-indigenes have benefitted from the scheme.
However, the Lagos State Executive Council in February 2009 suspended the award of Foreign Scholarship due to global economic meltdown. Presently, the State only services the payment of beneficiaries that are already on that scheme. However, there is a plan to re-introduce it.
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S RELATED SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The Board collects and distributes Scholarship award forms to State indigenes on behalf of the Federal Government. Such forms include Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Commonwealth Scholarship. The Board is also represented at some of the award interviews.
Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship Award | 2021
Chevron/NNPC Scholarship Awards 2021/2022|Apply Now
NDDC 2021/2022 Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship| How To Apply
The Board collaborates with a consortium of five Oil Companies to award Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship to Lagos State indigenes. The five groups of companies that constitute the AGBAMI SCHOLARSHIP AWARD include: STAR DEEPWATER PETROLEUM LIMITED which is a consortium of Chevron, Famfa Oil, Statoil, Petro Bras and Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Caleb University has shown interest in partnering with the State in award of scholarship.
How To Apply
1. Visit their application website @ http://lagosscholarship.org/apply-now/
2. click on Register to create an account or log in to your Scholastica account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account for newly registered applicants.
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/agbami to return to Scholarship site .
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors.
11. Return to the Home page, Click on the scheme you wish to apply and Click “Apply Now” to submit information.
12. You will receive a notification displayed on the screen you have successfully applied. To confirm Check “My application” under “My account” section on your profile account.
13 Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your verification profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed verification profile, this would be used for verification.
If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN).
Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number.
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields.
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form.
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture.
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number.
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office .
15. Return to
and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty.
Please, kindly share this post if you think it can be helpful to another person, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Use the share buttons, subscribe to our site and get the latest updates directly via your Email!!